Saturday, March 31, 2012

Blackout Poems

I came across a great way to write poetry. It's simple, all you need is a bunch of written words (i.e. a newspaper, magazine or old book) a Sharpie, and some creative thinking! Below is a before and after of one of my first 'blackout' poems:


KATYA
while in college I had the time to 
realize a great love for the world


It is a puzzle in figuring out how to twist the given words into something totally different. I sometimes felt confined by not having free reign in word choice, yet that's where creativity came into (word) play. These poems are more or less force into minimalism, which I enjoyed. Here are some more poems I 'wrote':


WILLIAM WALLET
money for travel
a perfect life



ELO
envy love often
yet know that there is 
nothing superior 
to one's own
happiness and health



HAPPILY EVER AFTER
when romance patiently says jump,
think about the potential of opportunity,
a new world: 
a small possibility



LIFE
merely 
romantic 
experience that 
is 
beautiful 
to the end

No comments:

Post a Comment