Monday, January 23, 2012

Montage 49

San Francisco - the city by the bay; where fog calls home; the infinite city - is where I live. I am by no means a city boy, but this is a really special city. Perched at the tip of the peninsula, SF is confined to an area 7 miles by 7 miles. From the micro-climates to the intense cultural identities of the many neighborhoods, this is a very diverse city for it's relatively small size. One of the many great and unique aspects of San Francisco is the ample creative inspiration bound within the city limits.

Many people are familiar with the Victorian houses that adorn the steep streets. One of the more artistic expressions, I have found, comes in the front gate of these houses and other residences in the city. For this project, I took pictures of gates from all over the city and made a montage of them. I found it fitting to put them in a 7x7 grid - hence the project title of 'Montage 49'. A huge thanks to Dave for helping me with the task of montaging the pictures.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment